Thursday, February 6, 2014

Unity Awaits Heal the Hate

After waking up this morning thanking my creator for another day of opportunity to bring awareness to our streets, a report was brought to my attention about an African American Texan who was slaughtered. 

With reports stating the victim's ear was missing and throat was slit, it's not hard to believe the claims of the victims family, that it was a hate crime.

It really saddens me that we are still divided by race, religion, gender, and so on and so forth.  It's 2014 and hate is still in the hearts of our fellow American people but for some reason this facade is painted that we are the melting pot, as well as the land of the free, but every day evidence is placed in front of our eyes to show otherwise.

We cannot allow these differences to distract us from the true issues at hand...such as reports of European babies being micro chipped later this year, reports of extreme open police brutality and public cavity searches, random check points where your pulled over and searched for no reason, banning the constitutional rights to bare arms and have freedom of speech.

These are the true important issues that we as a people are facing and could nip in the bud if we could just stop the hate and stop searching for what makes us all different and understand we are all fighting the same struggles and all need the same resolution which is love, unity, harmony, wisdom, knowledge and TRUTH.

In the words of the late and great Marting Luther King Jr. "When we look at modern man, we have to face the fact that modern man suffers from a kind of poverty of the spirit, which stands in glaring contrast with a scientific and technological abundance. We've learned to fly the air as birds, we've learned to swim the seas as fish, yet we haven't learned to walk the earth as brothers and sister."

"I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. My wisdom flows from the highest source. I salute that source in you. Let us work together for unity and love." ~Mahatma Gandhi~




1 comment: